About Strip Packaging
Strip Packing or PASS (Patient Adherence Strip System) is a FREE service that takes patients medication and sorts them into individual packages to increase adherence and make sure each patient is following their prescribed regimen. This is just one of many benefits to strip packaging.
What is Strip Packaging?
Strip packaging or PASS (Patient Adherence Strip System) takes all of your current medications and sorts them into individually wrapped package based on the time, date and dosage prescribed by your medical physician. Our strip packaging solutions makes sure you take the right medication at the right time. This helps increase adherence and reduces hospital readmission. Each strip package has all of the required information that you will find on a normal medication bottle. The packaging can include over-the-counter medications, oral solids, narcotics, and reminders for larger medical treatments that do not fit into the small packaging.
Why is Strip Packaging important?
- Improving adherence
- Increasing drug compliance
- Simplifying and Organizing medications for both caregivers & care recipients
- Making it safer & faster
Why does this help our patients?
- Medication adherence can keep care recipients at home longer.
- Medication errors are a major cause of readmission to hospitals & nursing homes.
- Home Health Care is one of the fastest growing segments in the healthcare industry.
- Pressure on caregivers to assure care recipients' safety at home.
Strip Packaging Process:
- Our Comprehensive Medication Review would include all OTC & non-oral medications.
- All medications filled same day each month.
- PASS Packaging
- Organizes medications chronologically
- Is customized to individual CRs needs
- Quality Assurance is both automated & visual
MedPlus Pharmacy’s Commitment to our Patient:
- In-home or Remote Comprehensive Medication Review with the pharmacist.
- Managing all refills, transfers & physicians’ communication.
- Synchronizing medications to one single refill date.
- Free delivery of medications to the care recipients’ residences anywhere in the U.S.
- After-Hour Assistance Line.
If you are interested in learning more about our PASS system then please give one of our trained pharmacists a call at (703) 751-1111 today!